Role and Responsibilities
The DLT Science Foundation (DSF) is looking for an experienced and passionate Philosopher of Science with a strong understanding of emerging and exponential technologies, including digital technologies such as blockchain and AI, to serve as an editorial expert and ghostwriter for an upcoming book on emerging technologies. The successful candidate must have a solid background in philosophy, and a background in anthropology is a significant plus. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an author in creating an insightful, well-researched, and compelling book that explores the intersection of technology, society, and the human experience.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conducting thorough research and analysis of emerging and exponential technologies, with a particular focus on digital technologies such as blockchain and AI.
- Engage in philosophical inquiry and analysis of the ethical, social, and cultural implications of these technologies.
- Serve as an editorial expert, collaborating closely with the author to provide constructive feedback on content, structure, and style.
- Write high-quality drafts, incorporating revisions and suggestions as needed to ensure the book reflects the author's vision and voice.
- Coordinate with the author to develop and refine book chapters, sections, and overall narrative.
- Maintain awareness of relevant scientific and philosophical literature and debates, as well as ongoing developments in emerging technologies.
- If applicable, incorporate insights from anthropological research and scholarship to further enrich the book's exploration of technology and society.
The ideal applicant will be characterised by:
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Philosophy, with a focus on Philosophy of Science or a closely related field.
- A strong understanding of emerging and exponential technologies, including blockchain and AI.
- A proven track record of academic and/or professional writing in the field of Philosophy of Science.
- Excellent research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas and arguments clearly and engagingly.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with the author to develop and refine the book's content, structure, and style.
- A background in Anthropology is a significant plus.
Location: London, England / Remote
For any questions or assistance, please feel free to contact email@example.com.